Jonathan M. Sabin is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation practice group. Mr. Sabin has substantial trial and arbitration experience, including acting as co-lead counsel in complex commercial matters in state and federal court. He is experienced in all aspects of litigation including trial, arbitration, restraining orders/injunctions, oral argument, motion practice, appellate practice, electronic-discovery and expert witnesses. Mr. Sabin is a member of the firm’s Cybersecurity Committee.
His previous engagements include serving as co-lead counsel for a financial consulting firm in a one-week jury trial, representing one of the largest crypto-currency exchanges in a fraud action involving the misappropriation of millions in crypto-currency, defending an internationally renowned hotel and restaurant design firm in an arbitration involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims and successfully obtaining the post-trial dismissal of a million dollar federal jury verdict for a national over-the-counter supplement brand.
Mr. Sabin was recognized as a “Rising Star” in 2016-2020 by Super Lawyers, an annual listing of top rated attorneys in the United States.
Prior to joining Kane Kessler, P.C., Mr. Sabin was a litigation associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and subsequently at a litigation boutique specializing in the trial of complex commercial cases. Before entering law school, Mr. Sabin was a magazine journalist and wrote for New York Magazine, Details, Fast Company, and other publications.
- Won a liability verdict on behalf of a national financial consulting firm for breach of an employee non-solicitation provision
- Successfully obtained a temporary-restraining order on behalf of a China-based crypto-currency exchange, leading to a favorable settlement
- Defended international hotel and restaurant design firm in arbitration before the AAA involving breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims. Achieved favorable settlement after the hearing.
- Won preliminary injunction on behalf of Manhattan condominium board seeking to gain access to a unitholder’s apartment to perform building repairs
- Won post-trial dismissal of million dollar federal jury verdict for national over-the-counter supplement brand in breach of contract action.
- Defended public, outdoor apparel company in breach of contract action in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented national advertising agency in connection with Grand Jury subpoena.
- Represented national bank as trustee asserting residential mortgage-backed securities “putback” claims in state and federal court
- Represented landlord in breach of contract action involving the operation of a Manhattan restaurant
- Defended national fashion design company in copyright infringement action in the Southern District of New York
- Won asylum for Senegalese refugee
- Served as amicus curiae counsel for the Humane Society of the United States, the largest non-profit animal protection organization, in support of New York City’s regulation of “puppy mills.”