Jeffrey S. Tullman is a co-managing partner of the firm and co-chairs the Corporate and Securities practice group.
Mr. Tullman focuses his practice on corporate, securities and commercial law with an emphasis on complex corporate transactions; domestic and international mergers, public and private stock and asset acquisitions; dispositions and corporate reorganizations; secured financings; representing issuers and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities; advising Boards of Directors, Special Committees of Boards, and shareholders in takeovers, tender offers and proxy contests for corporate control. Leader of the firm’s Cybersecurity response team.
Mr. Tullman serves as outside general counsel to many public (NYSE, NYSE Amex and NASDAQ listed companies) and closely held companies. He advises his clients on a wide range of corporate governance matters and also guides boards in developing and implementing policies and procedures regarding their fiduciary duties as directors and compliance with Federal Securities laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd Frank, as well as advising Boards on developing and implementing companies’ risk assessments, cybersecurity protocols and cyber incursion response plans.
Memberships and Associations
New York State Bar Association
Member, Business Section
Member, Senior Attorneys Section
- Advised the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a NASDAQ listed gaming company in its acquisition by a Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed company for $60 million.
- Represented a public company in its simultaneous acquisition of two privately-owned companies in the outdoor sports and recreation industry for an aggregate purchase price of $135 million.
- Represented a public company manufacturer and distributor of military and law enforcement products in its sale to a multinational defense contractor for $4.5 billion.
- Advised the Special Committee of the Board of Directors in the auction sale of a NASDAQ listed provider of customized business research for $30 million.
- Represented a NYSE listed manufacturer and distributor of military and law enforcement products in the $45 million acquisition of a complementary business in a bankruptcy auction.
- Represented a NASDAQ listed manufacturer and direct marketing company in its sale to a private equity firm for $20 million.
- Represented a dormant public company with respect to its redeployment of assets through the acquisition of an industrial steel products manufacturer for $43 million in common stock and cash.
- Advised the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of the NASDAQ listed financial publisher in the sale of the company to its majority shareholder.
- Represented a hedge fund in its public company activist activities, including multiple proxy contests, resulting in the election of the fund’s nominees to the Boards of directors of several of its portfolio companies.
- Advised a hedge fund in a 3-way proxy contest resulting in the appointment of the fund’s nominees to the board of directors of the portfolio company.
- Advised an activist investor in a threatened proxy contest resulting in the investor’s candidate being appointed to the board of a NYSE listed company.
- Represented numerous public companies in the underwritten sale of equity securities and high-yield debt securities, including 144A and Regulation S offerings.