Paul Szabo is counsel to the Firm and practices in the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, specializing in Patent Law.
Mr. Szabo has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the mechanical and electrical arts, including substantial work in medical devices, automotive equipment, consumer products, toys and apparel. He has also written many opinions relating to patentability, validity, and infringement issues and has counseled clients with regard to strategic patenting of their products and designs.
Mr. Szabo has also handled trademark matters and has extensively been involved in client portfolio management. He is experienced in international patent prosecution and international intellectual property protection as well. Mr. Szabo has been practicing patent law for more than twenty-five years.
Memberships and Associations
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Obtaining several utility patents for a consumer products company on an expedited basis, on which successful claims were brought against numerous competitors.
- In the context of a corporate merger, renegotiating a patent license agreement with a target company’s key outside inventor to enable use of the technology on significantly more expansive terms.
- Obtaining design patents for footwear manufacturers to gain competitive advantage over competitors relating to new and proprietary shoe designs.
- Defending clients against false charges of misappropriation of intellectual property, by investigating and debunking the claims.
- Building a cohesive new patent program at a multi-billion dollar company consolidating its work after numerous acquisitions.
- Organizing and presenting web seminars on issues of patentability, infringement, and false patent marking.