Alexander Soric is a senior associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Law practice group. As a first chair, Mr. Soric represents management in labor relations, including in numerous arbitration hearings, collective bargaining, mediations and in matters before the National Labor Relations Board. Mr. Soric conducts training for managers in labor relations and anti-harassment. He has represented management in several class actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Davis-Bacon Act and State wage-hour matters in federal and state courts and in federal, state and local agencies.
Mr. Soric has represented numerous employers in employment discrimination and unfair labor practice matters in federal and state courts and agencies. His experience also includes negotiating and drafting employment agreements, non-compete and separation agreements, drafting personnel policies and counseling clients nationwide on federal, state and city labor, wage-hour and discrimination law compliance. Mr. Soric has represented numerous clients in a wide variety of industries, including casino gaming, telecommunications, hotels, restaurants, private clubs, hospitals, nursing homes, manufacturers, construction contractors, as well as universities and not-for-profits. He has served as court-appointed labor counsel to Receivers for hotels in receivership.
Prior to joining Kane Kessler, P.C., Mr. Soric served as a Courtroom Deputy prior to and during law school in the Eastern District of New York, and he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy. After graduation, Mr. Soric served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Raymond J. Dearie, United States District Judge in the Eastern District of New York.
Memberships and Associations
New York State Bar Association
Member, Eastern District Committee on Litigation
- Obtained dismissal on pre-emption grounds on motion to dismiss overtime and gratuities claims under Fair Labor Standards Act and New York law regarding wages under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment on Fair Labor Standards Act overtime claims in Eastern District of New York.
- Defeated motions to compel voluminous discovery in a banquet gratuities class action under New York law.
- Settled class action gratuities claims.
- recently represented a hotel in a gender discrimination claim before the New York State Division of Human Rights and obtained a no probable cause finding and dismissal.
- recently represented a hotel in an unfair labor practice proceeding before National Labor Relations Board and obtained a withdrawal of the charge.